Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WE RUN QUITO 2010

Last Saturday Oct. 23rd four NILI's and I ran a 10k here in Quito.  The race was organized by NIKE and it was super fun!  The race started at 7pm and we all finished by 8:30ish.  This was my first race ever in my life and it was so fun, well except for the last Kilometer, I was ready to fall over and my legs were yelling at me...WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US.  But I finished my first 10K run here in Quito which don't forget is almost 10K in altitude in 1 hour and 9 minutes! Pretty good for a first run!  Below are some pictures of us before and after the race...no we didn't get any of us finishing...it was a little crazy at the finish line :)  I'm so ready for another run... :)

Thad, Isaac, Amy and Jenna (Team NILI 9)

Me, Amy, Jenna (The Girls)

Isaac and Thad (The Boys)

Our warm-up run

Getting ready to stretch

Our fellow racers in the front of us!!!!  There were roughly 6000 people who ran!!

The girls again, so excited for the race to start!

Me and Amy (the back of the pack)

Getting ready

YEAH we finished!!!!  And we weren't last!!!!

TEAM NILI 9 with our glow in the dark medals!!!

Harrison and I, he was tired and hungry