Thursday, September 10, 2009

Como se llama?-What's your name?

So it has been a while since I've posted, and lots is going on. Our two NILI classics are here and doing great and we have two NILI professional couples here with us right now, our third couple arrive on Monday Sept. 21st. We have been doing some academic trips and I will post some pics to go along with those. But something very exciting for me is that I started (today) teaching English at the little private Nazarene school here in Carcelen!!! I'm attempting to post a powerpoint on the school on the kids page of my blog and eventually I would like to have pics up there of the kids and even have an open chat session...where Kids from the states can post questions and me and my students will answer them and we will communicate back on forth on the World Wide Web!! I LOVE Techology!! So that is the great goings on here lately. Tomorrow we are leaving for a 10 day ministry/tourism trip! We will head out to Riobamba to do some sightseeing (and climbing of Mt Chimborazo the highest mt. closest to the center of the earth) then we will also do some ministry possibly painting, building and of course LOTS of loving on kids!!! Then we will head to the coast to the city of Guayaquil so we will go from snow at chimborazo to summer time at the beach :) I LOVE the variety here in Ecuador! We will end our trip with a day or two at the beach! Recovering for lots of time in the sprinter (roughly 8-12 hours traveling from QUito the the beach and then another 8-12 for the ride home) But Praise the Lord we have two drivers!!! Then it's back to english on Tuesday! So I will be incomunicado for a week (not like that is anything new :) haha. and when I return look for pics!!! Ok hope you all have a GREAT week and stay tuned :)

God Bless, ~Jen



Here we are just hanging out at the Bascillica...above Quito!!!


This was a pretty scary hole in the wall, the grating fell off but it was a cool foto op.


Part of our NILI Group! Kevin, Christyn (NILI classics) Mabel and Dan (NILI Professional)


Just Hanging Out :)



Pollo Campero...a Guatemalan treat...right here in Ecuador

me and my lunch...soooooo yummy


Me and the Map of Colonial Quito as Quito was back in the 16th or 17th Century