Monday, August 17, 2009

This blog thing isn't so easy...

yes I know I said I was going to try to update this blog everyday and here we are a week a a few days later and I'm just remembering I need to post a blog :0 So things here are great! I'm all settled into my little apartment which I LOVE! I have my beautiful view of the mountains, new furniture (a gift from another volunteer couple...which I"M SOOOOOO thankful for!!! Thank you Greg and Diane!!!) and my heater...so I'm set. I know you are probably thinking hello you are in south america why do you need a heater...well it gets chilly here especially at night! Remember I'm roughly 9000ft above sea level in the Andes mountains! Anyway I've been spending lots of time with Kim and Lucy my fellow NILI staff...we are known as the three musketeers, lets just say we have a REALLY good time together! Our Boss stan gets back tomorrow...so we will be spending more time in the office then out running "errands" haha! But things are good I have a meeting tomorrow with someone from the Christian school here where our missionary kids go to talk about ministry opportunities (and possible Substitute teaching opportunities) So I'm very excited about that! I just got my passport back today so my visa is all registered and I'm legal here in Ecuador :) I just need to go and get my censo...which is like my Ecuadorian ID card. Our students arrive on Friday so this week is going to be pretty crazy getting ready for them and having Stan back in town...lots to talk about! But it's good! Thanks for your prayers and thoughts and I'll talk to you soon!!!